- A company registered in Malaysia, is Malaysian-controlled or Malaysian-owned businesses with at least 51% shareholding.
- Must fall within the definition of SMEs (for details, please click here).
- Borrower must have a good credit record.
Maximum Loan Limit
Loan of up to RM10.0 million.
Credit Facilities Covered
- Term Loan
- Letter of Credit
- Trust Receipt
- Bills Purchased
- Bank Guarantee
- Export Credit Refinancing (ECR)
- Banker’s Acceptance
- Shipping Guarantee
- Hire Purchase
- Any other credit facilities determined from time to time by CGC
The annual lending rate is up to 2% above the Base Lending Rate (BLR) of the financial institutions. *Financial institutions are free to quote the lending rate if the guarantee cover is 50% or less.
Participating Financial Institutions
Participating Development Financial Institutions (DFI) and Commercial Banks.
The CGC guarantee coverage ranges from between 30% to 90% subject to the following:-
- Unsecured Portion – Up to 80% (a maximum cover of RM3.0 million).
- Secured Portion – Up to 90% (no capping imposed on secured portion).
- Unsecured Portion – 0.75% to 4.00% per annum.
- Secured Portion – 0.50% to 3.20% per annum.
SMEs with higher risk profiles will be charged higher guarantee fees, whereas SMEs with lower risk profiles will be charged lower guarantee fees. The range observed is to match the borrower’s credibility in terms of risk rating with the pricing of the guarantee.
i) Payment of Guarantee Fee
- New Letter of Guarantee (LG) – Payable upon request for LG by Financial Institution (FI) but subject always to full payment of the Guarantee Fee & GST.
- Anniversary LG – Payable on or before LG anniversary date, together with the annual Guarantee Fee & GST.
ii) Refund of Guarantee Fee
- Refund of guarantee fee and GST will be pro-rated on monthly basis and applicable for LG cancelled or amended by CGC based on the unutilized period of the LG.
- The utilized period is calculated from the month of LG/anniversary LG until the month of receipt of cancellation/ approval of amendment by CGC.