CGC WHISTLE-BLOWING POLICY
This Policy provides an avenue for CGC’s employee or member of the public to disclose any improper conduct committed or about to be committed by CGC’s employees in accordance with the procedures provided under this document.
Disclosures can be made to ANY of the following reporting channels, in strict confidential manner:
In person to any of the Designated Officers using the prescribed Whistle-blowing Form which is downloadable from CGC website.
In writing to:
CGC Whistle-blowing Disclosure,
Bangunan CGC, Level 8,
97, Jalan SS 7/2, Kelana Business Centre,
47301 Petaling Jaya, Selangor Darul Ehsan.
To accord the Whistle-blower with the necessary protection under the Policy and also to obtain more details pertaining to the disclosure, the Whistle-blower is encouraged to disclose his/her personal details as follows:
- Employer (if non-CGC staff)
- Contact Details (telephone no. or email address)
These personal details will be kept confidential.
Scope of Reporting
Any improper conduct including but NOT limited to the following:
- Theft, embezzlement, corruption or fraud
- Criminal offence
- Misuse of the Corporation’s funds or assets
- Gross mismanagement or abuse of power within the Corporation
- Non-compliance with policy and procedures
Only genuine concerns should be disclosed. The Whistle-blower is responsible to ensure that the disclosure is made in good faith and free from malicious intent. In addition, any disclosure which is found to be frivolous or vexatious will not be entertained.
If the investigation later reveals that the disclosure was made with malicious intent, appropriate action can be taken against the Whistle-blower.
The Whistle-blower who wishes to withdraw his/her disclosure is required to write to the relevant Reporting Channel and provide reason(s) for the withdrawal. Nevertheless, CGC reserves the right to proceed with any investigation on the subject matter of the disclosure.
Content of the Disclosure
Any disclosure made herein should contain the following information:
- Details of the person(s) involved
- Details of the allegation
- Nature of the allegation
- Where and when the alleged improper conduct took place
- Other relevant information
- Any supporting evidence (if available)
Protection Accorded to the Whistle-blower
A whistle-blower will be accorded with protection under the Policy provided that the disclosure is made in good faith. Such protection is accorded even if the investigation later reveals that the Whistle-blower is mistaken as to the facts and the rules and procedures involved.
The protection to the Whistle-blower can be revoked under the following circumstances, but not limited to:
- The Whistle-blower participated in the improper misconduct
- The Whistle-blower wilfully discloses a false statement
- The disclosure is made with malicious intent
- The disclosure is frivolous or vexatious
Notification on Action Taken on the Disclosure
The Whistle-blower will be notified on the action taken upon receipt of his/her disclosure.
Process of Making Disclosure