|Total Applications Approved
||Total Amount Approved (RM)
01 May 2017
The Green Technology Financing Scheme (GTFS) was established by the Government to promote investments in green technology, a sector that is envisaged to be one of the emerging drivers of economic growth for our country.
This is a national initiative aimed at achieving a sustainable environment. The Participating Financial Institutions’ (PFIs) role is critical in ensuring the success of the GTFS, which entails the financing of companies that supply and utilise green technology.
Investment in Green Technology refers to products, equipment, or systems which satisfy the following:-
- Minimises the degradation of the environment;
- Has zero or low green house gas (GHG) emission;
- Safe for use and promotes healthy and improved environment for all forms of life;
- Conserves the use of energy and natural resources; or
- Promotes the use of renewable resources.
||Green Technology Financing Scheme (GTFS) &
Green Technology Financing Scheme Islamic (GTFS - i)
||To finance investments in the production of green technologies that meets the scheme objective
||Legally registered Malaysian-owned companies (at least 51%) in all economic sectors
||Maximum: RM100 million (per company)
||Up to 15 years
All types of financing facilities under Islamic and Conventional financing
- 0.5% per annum on the guarantee cover
Interest / Financing Rates
- Determined by Participating Financial Institutions (PFIs)
- 60% of approved financing amount
- 2% profit subsidy on green component financing amount and
- 60% guarantee cover on total financing amount of green components
Participating Financial Institutions
- All commercial and Islamic banks
- All Development Financial Institutions (Bank Pembangunan, SME Development Bank, Agrobank, Bank Rakyat, EXIM Bank and Bank Simpanan Nasional)
- Malaysia Debt Ventures Berhad (MDV). MDV is however limited to a maximum financing amount of RM800 million
Malaysian Green Technology Corporation and Credit Guarantee Corporation Malaysia Berhad
- Companies are to submit request for technical audit to Malaysian Green Technology Corporation. Upon passing the technical audit, companies may proceed to forward the application for financing to any PFIs.
- Upon approval, PFIs shall apply for guarantee to CGC directly.
This scheme is available from 1st January 2010 until 31st December 2017 or upon approval of financing up to RM3.5 billion, whichever is earlier.
* For technical information on GTFS, please contact:
Malaysian Green Technology Corporation (GreenTech Malaysia)
No. 2, Jalan 9/10, Persiaran Usahawan, Seksyen 9
43650 Bandar Baru Bangi
Selangor Darul Ehsan
Hotline: 1 800 88 4837
Faks: 03-8921 0801/0802
Laman web: www.gtfs.my